Here's our top 10 break out stars of this year:
10) ELLIE GOULDING: after making a lasting impact in the UK last year with, Lights, she continued on her road to fame this year but branched out and won over American charts with her music videos continuously by exceeding millions of views on YouTube. A definite rising talent of 2011.
9) HOT CHELLE RAE:This emerging group from Nashville debuted at 1 on iTunes‘ album charts for their 2011 hit LP, Whatever. Their single, Tonight Tonight, has reached over 22-million views on YouTube this year!
8) BIG TIME RUSH: The Nickelodeon boy band shot to fame this year not only for their hit show on the channel but for their incredible musical talents. Their latest album, Elevate, continues to make it's way up the charts, and their single, featuring Snoop Dogg, Boyfriend, is a huge viral hit.
7) FOSTER PEOPLE: The hit group from Los Angeles put forward a hit summer tune this year Pumped Up Kicks which reached over 47 million views on Youtube and continues to make it's mark world-wide. The group are currently on an international tour so there's no doubt they'll continue the rising success into the next year.
6) THE BAND PERRY: This country triple threat hit the charts with, If I Die Young, which still continues to dominate charts and award shows. This year the group bagged Song Of The Year at the 2011 Country Music Awards and are up for Best New Artist at next year’s Grammy Awards. Not a bad year at all!!!
5) JESSIE J: With the super hit track Price Tag featuring B.o.B Jessie J shot to top this year. The song's music video video received over 165-million views!!! She gave some extraordinary performances and really make her mark this year!
4) DAVID GUETTA: He's certainly not the new kid on the block as we've seen plenty of great stuff from him in the past but this year the DJ spiraled out of control with the catchiest collaborations. He teamed up with Usher for Without You which is still going strong on the radio, and his latest single featuring Nicki Minaj, Turn Me On, which we're bound to hear lots of in 2012!
3) KARMIN: It all began when this couple Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan released their most viewed video onto YouTube, Chris Brown‘s Look At Me Now. When Amy revealed that she could rap, the two became YouTube’s newest group to make it big. With their debut single Crash Your Party is out now and there is no doubt it's going to be huge.
2) DEMI LOVATO: In at number two is our Disney princess Lovato. This year was huge for Lovato's career and personal life. Whilst dropping the single for Skyscraper she also released an empowering video for the string ballad, "I've been pretty honest." She was a new yet strong figure in music this year for addressing sentive issues close to heart such as eating disorders and bullying.
1) NICKI MINAJ: Our number one spot goes to miss Super Bass for dropping on of the most contageous tunes this year. It doesn't matter how many times we play it, it never gets too much. She has shot to the top this year for her music, fashion and coolness and we're looking forward to her next album in 2012 (Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded)!
Copyright : 0